Welcome to Cakes by Caitlin.


A fun way for me, Caitlin, to display my cakes for everyone to see. Making desserts and decorating them is something I have always loved to do, seeing someone smile because of a sweet treat I have made makes my day and makes me want to continue doing this forever. I hope you enjoy seeing what I have done and feel free to contact me if you are in need of a cake, cupcakes, or cookies.

So before I begin posting pictures let's start with a brief history and a few disclaimers.
I love desserts, who doesn't haha. My Mom saw my love of desserts and how I always was trying new things and trying to make them look fancy and suggested that I take cake decorating classes. So that's just what I did, I have taken two Wilton Cake Decorating Classes at A.C. Moore and would love to take the other two but just need to find the time. I never thought I would be any good at it or like it as much as I do but low and behold I have a slight knack for it- I'm no cake boss but most importantly I enjoy doing it! When I first started I would take pictures on my phone to show people, I apologize for the poor picture quality of some of the earlier cakes. I mainly work in buttercream icing but can also do things in fondant and royal icing. The purpose of this blog is to provide pictures to those who would like to see my cakes as well as for my to journal what I have done and how far I have come, you will see the first few cakes aren't exactly great. I plan to post pictures along with a brief description of the cake. I hope everyone enjoys it!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Royal Icing Flower









This two tier cake was covered in yellow fondant, adorned with lilies made from royal icing and then completed with buttercream piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment